Monday, July 2, 2012
Getting back to normal
Wow, what a few days this has been! Major-league heat wave, combined with the loss of power. However, approximately 8:45pm this evening, power was restored to the farm. Yeah, it was about an hour after we ran cables from the ginormous generator to the rehearsal hall, but I think we are glad we have it all in place. If we didn't, I'd bet we'd need it!
We here at Castleton Festival are proud of the fact that we only missed one show due to power issues (Wolftrap, over in DC and the country's largest opera festival, as far as I know, is still without power - not to "ha ha" them, just being very grateful that we have Maestro Maazel and that he is willing to put his resources behind this project). In fact, they were saying this morning that it could be up to 10 days before DC gets power back...
Aside from the obvious, there has also been a fair amount of drama backstage. Not going into details, but suffice to say, everyone here had a good reminder that perception is everything, and people talk. Sadly, one of our crew was sent home after having been warned several times for questionable behavior. I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt that nothing happened, but as we all tried to tell her, "appearances are everything." Its a shame, too, because she had an amazing opportunity in her hands, and I'm sorry to see her leave.
Also, a reminder to folks - if you have tried to text me to make sure I'm okay, please remember that I have NO CELL SERVICE here, and will not be answering you! If you want a response, email or facebook me.
Also, I am here for approx 3 more weeks. If you were planning to send a letter or something for my birthday (shameless plug for mail! *grin*), you still have time to send it. :)
My mailing address is:
Kat Lovell
c/o Castleton Festival
7 Castleton Meadows Lane
Castleton, VA 22716
I love getting mail - it always totally makes my day (and I haven't had any in ages! hint, hint *grin*)
Hope everyone reading this is safe and sound. Oh - and my foot, thankfully, is fine after my little adventure. I have to say, I was not sad to see the Barber set dismantled today...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment